KIC InnoEnergy provides support for finalising and commercialising technological innovations that lead to new products and services.
To ensure the most efficient use of primary energy sources, future energy production will rely on the optimal combination of power generation and chemical production. Coal, gas, and their chemical derivatives therefore still have a major role to play in creating a stable, long-term energy supply for Europe.
KIC InnoEnergy is encouraging innovation in waste conversion technologies, flexible power systems, carbon capture and storage, and unconventional gas and oil extraction that will:
- Help reduce emissions of CO2, NOx, SOx and particulate matter.
- Optimise the use of biomass, waste and unconventional gases as well as fossil fuels.
- Support an economically viable strategy for CO2 capture and storage.
- Extend the use of natural resources such as unconventional gas.
- Increase the operational efficiency in both power production and industrial processes.