- Your aim should be to develop an innovative product or service which could be ready to go to market within less than five years
- You have successfully carried out a proof of concept (pilot or type test validation), corresponding to a Technology Readiness Level greater or equal to five (TRL >= 5)
- You must be part of a consortium of at least three, but no more than seven, European partners from both the research and industry sectors
- The consortium needs to be made up of partners from at least two different countries and at least one of the companies commercialising the product or service must be involved in the project from the beginning.
Through our Europe-wide network of industry experts, businesses and researchers we are able to:
- Find complementary partners to support the development of new products
- Provide experience in managing complex projects and intellectual property (IP)
- Offer expertise in market analysis, business models and industrialisation
- Identify market needs, initial customers and early adopters of innovative products
- Provide marketing and sales knowledge to challenge and enhance the return from new solutions
- Shorten the time to market for new products and services
- Turn prototypes into commercial products within five years
- Reduce the financial risks associated with finalising prototypes and introducing them to market
Why Choose KIC InnoEnergy?
“When you work with KIC InnoEnergy you join a community,” says Pérez-Loya. “Everyone involved has their own contact network. When you meet these people and talk about your ideas everyone is open. They help you to connect with others who may be able to help you further.”
José Pérez-Loya, CEO, Forsnetics AB
“KIC InnoEnergy is more than just an anonymous funding body. They have a financial stake in the success of the projects, and a real interest in getting new solutions to market. They really focus on the final product. Thanks to the involvement of KIC InnoEnergy, we have been able to create an innovative product which is now part of our offer.”
Marzena Wojtas, Project Coordinator, EC Systems
Who are we looking for?
- Researchers and innovators – we are looking for new innovative prototypes with a successful proof of concept
- Entrepreneurial people – we are looking for business people who created their own business or manage a small company
- Industry partners– we are looking for industry partners with specific knowledge and market access in sustainable energy