Demonstration of SNG for smart gas grids
The increasing emergence of volatile electric energy caused by renewable sources leads to an increasing demand for energy storage capacities in the future.
Expected storage capacity needed in Germany: 10-25 TWh.
Chemical energy storage has a higher energy storing density.
- The energy storage capacity of the natural gas infrastructure is higher than 100TWh
- Power-to-Gas is the only possibility of long term energy storage
- Possible business models:
- Supply and regulation of energy
- Production of chemical fuels
Ongoing project (duration: 2011-2015)
Project Coordinaton and Management:
Siegfried Bajohr (project manager)
Tel.: +49 721 608 – 48928
- Cortus Energy
- Deutscher Verein des Gas- und Wasserfaches e.V. (DVGW)
- gasNatural fenosa
- KTH – Royal Institute of Technology
- Karlsruhe Institute of Technology
- 20 MW SNG Plant
- 20 MW PtG Plant
- Gas Cleaning Process
- Methanation Process