How much longer before fossil fuels run out? Daniele comments on the importance of finding sustainable solutions. He is currently involved with a team developing an idea for a competitive business challenge. Their idea is to breed insects for the purpose of human nutrition. He explains how one of the most interesting parts was learning about business plans, alongside the technical aspects.
MSc Clean Fossil is a joint programme run by the following European universities:
- The AGH University of Science and Technology (AGH, Krakow, Poland)
- The Silesian University of Technology (SUT, Gliwice, Poland)
- The Instituto Superior Técnico (IST, Lisbon, Portugal)
MSc Clean Fossil collaborates with industrial partners such as EDF Polska andRafako S.A.. This collaboration usually results in guest lectures, company visits, degree projects and internship opportunities.
During your first year, you will be able to choose between two universities: AGH or SUT. The courses focus on either energy engineering (SUT) or chemical technology (AGH).
During your second year, you will acquire further In-depth knowledge via individually chosen specialization areas plus related thesis work:
- Chemical fuels as part of the energy mix (IST)
- Renewable energy as part of the energy mic (IST)
KIC InnoEnergy Mobility Concept
Our strong mobility concept means that you will spend your first year at one university and your second year at another.
Role of industrial partners
You can expect the involvement of and close collaboration with the programme’s industrial partners. With their active support, you will have the opportunity to take part in:
- Training in industrial reality in the form of compulsory two-month internships dedicated to how energy companies operate.
- Lectures with leading industrial and business specialists from energy companies.
- Study visits at least twice a year, including the most modern facilities in Poland, Austria, Germany and other Central European countries. This gives you the opportunity to discover at first hand the design and production processes of the most modern and technologically-advanced power boilers, as well as their operation. The visits include coal-fired power plants as well as innovative waste-to-energy installations.
- Soft-skills training designed together with industry partners. This includes workshops in soft-skills development such as teamwork and presentation techniques that will be very useful in your career. One example is the special workshop ‘Presentation of Innovation Idea to Public’ where you learn about and practice pitching techniques.
- Mandatory entrepreneurship training, organized by ESADE Business School in Barcelona.
Added value activities
Individual approach and modern pedagogy
The above implemented in small groups of 6 – 10 students only. This makes the pedagogical process extremely effective and leaves space for implementing modern teaching tools and close student-teacher relation, what creates atmosphere of cooperation and chances for developing complex practical skills. Moreover, teaching process is organized in modern way – students learn by conducting specific projects. For instance each year they organize a conference for young scientists acquiring practical knowledge linked with project management and presentation skills.
ESADE Crash Course in Innovation & Entrepreneurship
As innovation and entrepreneurship are two of the founding pillars of all our programmes, you also have the unique chance to study this at one of the best business schools in Europe. The crash course will also include training in oral and written communication, which equips you with the necessary skills to boost your entrepreneurial background.
Our strong international mobility concept means that you spend your first year at one university, your second year at another, and have the possibility to do your internship in cooperation with one of our industrial partners. In addition, asummer school is arranged between your first and second year focused on entrepreneurship and business creation.